Friday 11 May 2012

Drum shades


I have just made these lovely large (45cm x 25cm) drum lampshades. These are certainly the largest I have attempted to make and I am so pleased that I took the plunge as I think they look great! They are really eye catching and could make a room  look really special. I source the fabric from a variety of locations; locally from small independent shops and if I particularly like a design I will be tempted to buy from the mainstream retailers and superstores. The spotty fabric was from a stall at Cambridge city market, the beautiful facade fabric is from CallyCo in Cambridge and the green baroque pattern is Amy Butler at Hobbycraft. My struggle is often finding fabric wide enough to wrap around the 150cm circumference of the drum frame but creates a good challenge! The shades will sell for between £30-40 and p&p if needed is £6 per shade. Price differences between shades are to reflect the varying costs of the fabrics used and size of frame. I can also make shades with your choice of fabric.


Fabric: IKEA STOCKHOLM BLAD  (blue) Shade size:  45cm Diameter  25cm Height




Most of these (pictured above) will be on sale at my craft stall in Lode, nr cambridge next Friday  (25th May) 

No comments:

Post a Comment