Monday 25 October 2010

Tea Cosy



Recently I have been seeing 'handmade' style, appliquéd tea cosys everywhere and I thought that I would try making one. It was easy enough to make a semi-circle pattern big enough for my tea pot and go from there. They tend to retail at about £30-£40 in smart home-ware shops ('not on the high street.com' also stock them for this amount) which seems somewhat pricey considering that they don't really take too much work to make. Now i have made my first one and have a pattern i think I could make another in about 1 1/2 hours. I still need to perfect the design but its a start.... I may try one with a tea cup design next. A tea cosy would make a nice Christmas present so I will try and make a couple more in time for family members. It all depends now on when our baby arrives and my crafting time gets more limited, which could be any day now!

No comments:

Post a Comment